Program “My electrician”. Are you applying for a grant? Pay attention to it

Are you applying for a subsidy for a zero-emission car from the “My Electrician” program? You must be very careful with the formalities because errors in applications increase the waiting time for the grant decision by an additional 10 working days.


There are already more than 45,000 electric passenger cars in Poland, according to PZMP and PSPA data. There will be more and more electric cars, as the electrification of transport is a global trend. In Poland, subsidies for the purchase of new electric vehicles – “My Electrician”, should contribute to increasing the demand for electric cars.

“My Electrician” program – how much does the subsidy cost?

The co-financing of the “My Electrician” program, piloted by the National Fund for Environmental Protection and Water Management (NFOŚiGW), was launched on July 12, 2021 for specific beneficiaries (natural persons not exercising of professional activity), September 8 for entities offering leasing and rental, and November 22 for entrepreneurs. The subsidies mainly cover zero-emission passenger cars (subsidies up to PLN 27,000) and vans (subsidies up to PLN 70,000).

Customers can request a maximum of 27 thousand. PLN for a passenger car, if two conditions are met: the price of the vehicle will not exceed 225,000. PLN and the applicant will declare min. 15 thousand km of annual mileage. In the absence of this statement, the surcharge is PLN 18.75 thousand. zloty.

The standard procedure for applying for program funds includes: submitting a grant application, signing a lease contract, signing a grant contract, registering and insuring the car, and the payment of the total amount of the car (the initial costs are covered by the grant). Then the customer collects the vehicle and marks it with a special sticker. The above process takes about 20 working days.

Program “My electrician” – these errors extend the waiting time for a subsidy

According to data from PKO Leasing and Masterlease, the vast majority of customers want to finance electrical equipment through leasing or long-term rental. In order to obtain financing for a car under financial lease or long-term rental, after selecting the vehicle, two applications are submitted simultaneously: for financing in the chosen form and for additional payment from the “My electrician” program. The grant application is submitted to BOŚ via a leasing company.

For the first time in history, more electricians than diesels have been registered!

Consideration of the application at the BOŚ takes about 20 working days. Unfortunately, this period may be longer if the application is incorrectly completed. Clients must pay close attention to the formalities, as subsidies paid out of public funds are subject to very careful control. Errors in applications extend the waiting period for the grant award decision by an additional 10 working days.

The program “My electrician” – it is the most difficult for contractors

  • correct entry of the municipal code in accordance with the TERT database maintained by the Central Statistical Office
  • provide the eligible amount of VAT
  • specification of the eligible cost of the project

Auto-completion of the above fields in the form can often lead to formal errors. However, customers can request the assistance of a leasing company, whose qualified advisers will help them navigate the entire procedural path, access the TERT database and have eligible cost calculators.

“My electrician” program – when does the contract end?

The contract with BOŚ ends two years after taking over the vehicle. The customer declares that the vehicle was registered in Poland, had a valid technical inspection and insurance, had a sticker informing about the use of the subsidy program and was used on national roads. Drivers who have used the subsidy with increased mileage also provide information on the number of kilometers driven during the contract.

It should be remembered that if the car is damaged during the term of the contract, and the insurer will decide on the so-called total loss, it will not be possible to make a claim. In such a situation, BOŚ may demand reimbursement of the grant. You will not need to do this if the car has driven at least 10,000 kilometers despite the damage. km. However, the course must be documented.

Source of information: PKO Leasing / Masterlease, own study

Leave a Comment