- – We do not want to make any moral revolution in this area. The only revolution will be digitization. We want all burial processes to be done digitally – Labuda told Polish News Agency
- The law must also define terms such as, inter alia, embalming, cemetery, exhumation or burial. Specify where new cemeteries, homes and funeral homes can be built
- The introduction of computerized cemetery registers is to last until 2026. By 2028, it will be necessary to adapt the crematorium facilities to the emission requirements
- More important information can be found on the Onet homepage. If you don’t want to miss any important news – subscribe to our newsletter
Labuda noted that the existing provisions of the Cemeteries and Burial of the Dead Act 1959 need to be clarified. The proposed changes aim to adapt them to the current legal and organizational reality. The new regulations are due to come into force in March 2023.
– We do not want to make any moral revolution in this area. The only revolution will be digitization. We want all burial processes to be done digitally – Labuda told Polish News Agency. – These amendments are made to replace the current archaic Cemeteries and Burial of the Dead Act 1959. A law which is far from being in conformity with the current reality and the requirements of today, he underlined.
The project provides for the introduction, among other things, of an electronic death certificate. Data should be automatically transferred to state registries and related institutions. This is to improve the procedures related to the classification of the causes of death and to allow access to the data by authorities such as the Central Statistical Office, the Central Statistical Office or the pension authorities.
– We want 100 percent of deaths to be recorded electronically. Everyone knows that this is a far-reaching simplification, not only for citizens and businesses, but also for the state, especially in crisis situations such as an epidemic. Currently, collective statistics on the causes of death are still compiled by the Central Statistical Office, even one year after the hour. It is a matter of security that this data must appear immediately – said Labuda.
On the other hand, the digitization of memorial sites should include the creation of a central database of cemeteries and burial sites, an online search engine and maps of graves, the digitization of cemetery registers or a list online historic cemeteries and graves of distinguished people. .
The law must also define terms such as, inter alia, embalming, cemetery, exhumation or burial. Specify places where new cemeteries, homes and funeral homes can be built. Under the proposal, homes and funeral homes can only be built in service development areas, which must be specified in local land use plans.
The rest of the article under the video.
– The current date of entry into force of the proposed regulations is currently envisaged for March 1, 2023. The date may change as a result of subsequent government or parliamentary work. We are now at the stage of consultations and arrangements. I hope that in the next two months this project will find its final stage in terms of the governmental stage and will reach the parliamentary stage – said Labuda. And he added that “we also assume an appropriate vacatio legis for individual statutory requirements. The longest date when the latest changes will be introduced is 2028 – he pointed out.
The introduction of computerized cemetery registers is to last until 2026. By 2028, it will be necessary to adapt the crematorium facilities to the emission requirements. Previously, by the end of August 2023, companies in the sector will have to submit an application for registration in the register of funeral directors. Until then, the settlement of the cemeteries will also be announced.
The new solutions were discussed at Necroexpo in Targi Kielce, the only such event in Poland for the funeral industry. Until June 5, producers of hearses, urns, coffins and other funeral products will be present in the exhibition halls.
At the Kielce fairgrounds, among other things, ball-shaped ballot boxes or applications for creating virtual obituaries.
Thank you for being with us. Subscribe to the Onet newsletter to receive the most valuable content from us.
Creation date: Yesterday, 19:57