Garmin® introduced the Forerunner® 955 Solar watch, the brand’s first solar-charged smartwatch dedicated to runners. Equipped with a Power Glass™ lens for solar charging, the Forerunner 955 Solar gives athletes up to 20 days of battery life in smartwatch mode1 and up to 49 hours in GPS mode2.
The new Forerunner 955 Solar connected watches
Designed for long distances, the Forerunner 955 Solar features an always-on color display that remains easy to read even in bright sunlight, while a responsive touchscreen complements the traditional five-button design. This allows quick access to daily health functions as well as easier use of maps and other tools. Designed for runners, the Forerunner 955 Solar includes innovative new features such as Heart Rate Variability (HRV) status, Training Readiness Assessment and a running widget to help users get better. prepare for the next big race.
“Athletes who seek perfection seek the best training tools, so we’re excited to introduce the Forerunner 955 Solar smartwatch. With advanced training features and performance measurement, it offers solutions to help users achieve their goals. No matter where, when, or why they run, the Forerunner 955 Solar will help them go the extra mile,” said Dan Bartel, vice president, Consumer Sales, Garmin.
Here are the new features of the Garmin Forerunner 955 Solar connected watch:
- Solar Charging: Charging through the Power Glass lens gives users up to 49 hours of battery life in GPS mode.
- Touchscreen interface: Quickly switch between maps, statistics and other data. The traditional five-button design can be used alone or in combination with a touchscreen.
- Multi-band GPS: Multi-band location determination using multiple satellite systems lets you control your running route even in the toughest conditions.
- Workout Readiness: Use your sleep data, recovery time, HRV status and more to determine how ready and beneficial your body is for daily training.
- HRV Status: By tracking your heart rate variability while you sleep, you can get better insights into your recovery and overall health.
- Morning Report: Today’s weather information and daily training tips, as well as last night’s sleep information, recovery time. The report can also be customized to show only the data we are interested in. All this when paired with a smartphone.
- Race Widget: View race prep information – including today’s performance forecast, race date weather and countdown – all in one widget. After planning your participation in a race, your daily training tips will be adapted to your plans.
- Real-Time Endurance: Monitor and record your stress levels in real-time as you run or ride.
- Running Power: When you use the Running Dynamics Pod or HRM-Pro™ (sold separately), you get real-time feedback on how much energy you’re using while running – an in-watch feature, no app required.
To help you beat your personal best, the Garmin Forerunner 955 Solar watch offers key training and performance tools from Firstbeat Analytics™ such as VO2 max, training load, fitness, training effects and more. Additionally, new metrics such as HRV status, recent training history, and performance data will provide users with an overview of their overall training status – as well as information on whether they are training hard. productive, in peak condition or overtrained. Daily training tips suggest which workout will be most effective for your overall fitness and align with your competition plans. When using the Running Dynamics Pod or HRM-Pro (each sold separately), athletes can monitor running dynamics data such as cadence, stride length and ground contact time. Plus, they can observe cycling dynamics information such as sit/stand determination, power phase, and pedal shift when using a compatible Garmin power meter (sold separately). In water, the Forerunner 955 Solar can monitor e.g. Distance, Style, Pace and Personal Bests Runners and triathletes can take their training to the next level by automatically syncing indoor and outdoor workouts with Garmin Connect™, the Tacx training app and third-party platforms. Plus, the Forerunner 955 Solar is compatible with Garmin Coach – free 5k, 10k, and half marathon training plans that adapt to your goals and condition.
Dancing with the promotions 6/2/22
Cover the distance
Whether you’re jogging through city streets or biking on densely covered trails, the Forerunner 955 Solar smartwatch provides colorful built-in maps to help you stay on track and cover the distance you need. have defined.
Easily navigate your route or course with turn-by-turn directions and turn-ahead notifications. Plan and download routes with Garmin Connect™ route maker, which uses the popular Trendline™ routing system to give you the best connections local. You can also create routes on platforms like Strava and Komoot and sync them seamlessly to your watch. With POI information along your route, you can be prepared for what lies ahead. . Additionally, you can view performance metrics, split times, distance and elevation data, as well as a preview of upcoming key waypoints. Keeping the pace is easier with PacePro™, which provides pace tips tailored to your running strategy, remaining distance and expected running time. Use the ClimbPro app to see real-time information about your current and upcoming climbs, including grade, distance and elevation. Enter a distance to travel directly on the watch and instantly view suggested routes that will take you back to your starting point.
wear all day
Designed to be worn all day, the Forerunner 955 Solar watch offers advanced health and fitness monitoring features. A wrist-based pulse oximeter4 monitors blood saturation levels for a more accurate picture of sleep and altitude acclimatization, while Body Battery™ energy monitoring lets you see the current level of reserves energy, which can help users choose the best times for activity and rest. Plus, with women-specific features like menstrual cycle and pregnancy monitoring, you can log symptoms and get advice on activity and nutrition. The Forerunner 955 Solar watch is all you need on your wrist. It offers built-in music features (download up to 2,000 playlist songs from Spotify®, Amazon Music, and Deezer (premium subscription may be required), Garmin Pay™ 5 contactless payments, and smart notifications for calls, SMS, social media updates, and alerts from an Apple® or Android™ smartphone Tracking and safety features give you peace of mind when training outdoors by sharing your current location with selected contacts or by automatically sending a message when an accident is detected.6 When training indoors, users can control the Tacx® Smart trainer with ANT+® technology directly from your watch for simulation automatic resistance changes, and guidance while you’re taking classes or training. Plus, the Forerunner 955 Solar can be personalized with v os own watch faces, data fields and apps and widgets from the Connect IQ™ e.The Forerunner 955 Solar is now available at the recommended retail price of 649.99 euros. The version without solar charging, the Forerunner 955, is available at the recommended retail price of €549.99.