The United States announces new arms deliveries to Ukraine. Russia unleashes psychological warfare [DZIEŃ 106. NA ŻYWO]

Last

Threats via WhatsApp

Russian forces are stepping up the use of psychological and information operations to destroy the morale of Ukrainian soldiers, writes the Institute for the Study of War in its analysis.

The Main Intelligence Directorate of Ukraine (GUR) reported on June 8 that the Russians were sending threatening messages to the personal devices of Ukrainian soldiers, urging them to break their official oath, lay down their arms, surrender or flee. to Russia.

The GUR said that Russian forces send messages through various platforms, including SMS, Telegram, Viber, Signal and WhatsApp, and that these messages use location information, threatening harm to Ukrainian soldiers or their family members. Ukrainian military expert Dmytro Snegirov also noted that Russian propagandists carry out information and psychological campaigns aimed at undermining the morale of Ukrainian soldiers, spreading information that the Battle of Sieveirodonetsk will become “the next Mariupol”.

Ukraine’s Southern Operations Command said that Russian military recruiting offices in Crimea falsified the results of mandatory medical examinations carried out during the summer conscription period in order to maximize the number of recruits. The HEI had previously reported that the forced mobilization in the Donetsk and Lugansk People’s Republics (DNR and LNR) was heightening social tensions and triggering protests in Donbass. The Ukrainian General Staff also reported that some of the 106th and 76th Airborne Divisions refused to participate in the fighting in the Luhansk region and returned to Russia.

Last

US announces new arms deliveries

“The United States is monitoring the situation in eastern Ukraine and stands ready to continue providing your country with the weapons and equipment needed to win the fight against the Russian aggressor,” the national security adviser said. of the White House, Jake Sullivan, during a press briefing.

Last

480 cases of treason and collaboration

Since the start of the Russian invasion, the Ukrainian Investigation Bureau has initiated nearly 480 criminal cases for high treason and collaboration. This was reported by agency spokeswoman Tatiana Sapian. As she said, four indictments have been filed in court so far and the first convictions have already been handed down.

These are three former Ukrainian servicemen who, in 2014, when the Russians conquered Crimea, crossed over to the side of the enemy and, in February of this year, took part in the invasion of Ukraine. The captain of the field radio station was sentenced to 15 years, and the commander of the tank company and the sergeant major were sentenced to 14 years in prison.

Last

The Russians have occupied most of Severodonetsk, the Ukrainians are defending themselves on the outskirts

Luhansk region governor Serhiy Hayday said most of the city was now in Russian hands and there was no way to save the civilians who remained there.

“Our forces again only control the outskirts of the city. But the fighting continues, our forces are defending Severodonetsk. You cannot say that the Russians completely control the city,” the governor said.

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky confirmed reports of heavy fighting, saying the battle for Severodonetsk was “probably one of the toughest of the war”.

Last

We remind you of the most important events of Wednesday, June 8:

  • The Russians control most of Severodonetsk. Heavy fighting takes place in the streets. “In this fierce battle, the fate of Donbass is decided,” Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said in his evening speech;
  • the sixth package of sanctions against Russia entered into force. The European Union has given up Russian oil;
  • the Canadian government banned the export of services to Russian oil, gas and chemical industries, including the provision of technical assistance;
  • for the first time since May 9, 2022, the number of people entering Poland from Ukraine exceeded the number of people returning to Ukraine;
  • The World Bank Board approved new funds for Ukraine amounting to $1.49 billion;
  • The head of the Russian Foreign Ministry, Sergei Lavrov, announced that “the special operation in Ukraine is proceeding as planned”.
Sebastian Klauzinski

Journalist. He worked in “Gazeta Wyborcza” and “Newsweek”. From 2018 on OKO.press. Finalist of the Radio ZET Prize and the Dariusz Fikus for a series of texts on the “Wrocław Pact”. Three times nominated for the Grand Press Prize


Leave a Comment