Residents of Krasnystaw and surrounding areas are protesting against the designated route for the future Trawniki – Krasnystaw and Wólka Orłowska – Zamość – Tomaszów Lubelski – Bełżec railway line.
The investment is part of a larger program – the construction of the central communication port. According to the inhabitants, all the considered variants of the railway line “creep” into their plots, houses and access roads.
– These variants interfere with our homes, building plots and workplaces that owners will have to close. This applies to the company from Małochwieja, since the passage in this city must be liquidated. The Tuligłów lagoon must be filled to 6% – says Mariusz Wrona, chairman of the protest committee.
As part of the planned investment, public consultations were held. There were 17 meetings in the municipalities, through which the variants proposed at this stage must pass. It goes, among others o the municipalities of Łopiennik Górny and Krasnystaw and the towns of Izbica and Krasnystaw.
– We are at the second stage of the social consultations. A total of 17 meetings with residents were held in May. There are four variants of the possible layout of the track. Depending on the variant, the route is 96 to 103 kilometers long. It can be seen exactly on a digital mapwith the possibility of putting them on existing plots and buildings – says the expert of the Communication and Marketing Office of the Central Communication Port, Konrad Majszyk.
Most of the residents present at the meetings spoke out against the investment because it was linked to the expropriation. Local authorities have responded to residents’ expectations by offering them the least expensive journeys.
This applies, among others, to the municipality of Krasnystaw. Its mayor Edyta Gajowiak-Powroźnik supports the voice of the inhabitants, which is why the municipality has developed its variant of the route. – We believe this is the most suitable option for the Trawniki-Krasnystaw section. It passes through low-class land, avoids built-up areas, does not collide with residential buildings and special farms, does not destroy high-class arable land – says Edyta Gajowiak-Powroźnik.
The protesters’ allegations include the improper conduct of public consultations. The owners of many plots have not yet been informed of the planned investment, nor of the consultations themselves.
– Access from my property will be difficult. Now I drive 3 minutes from my place of residence and travel 3 kilometers a day. However, if the line is built, I will run 15 minutes and cover 5 kilometers more per day. I don’t agree with that. Especially since it is an interference with the natural environment, with the atmosphere of the city – says one of the protesters.
LILY: Krasnystaw: residents protest against the construction of high-speed railways
– I am much worse off because all four variants run through my house. He says there is no choice, adds another.
– We plan to present an investor variant in the fourth quarter of 2022. That is, of the four considered, we will indicate an optimal one, preferred by the company Centralny Port Komunikacyjny, which we will present in the request for ruling environmental. We will apply for this at the beginning of 2023 – informs Konrad Majszyk.
– Residents can demonstrate. It is their sacred law. Although it would be more effective to express your views and suggestions during consultations. And I encourage you to do it – adds Konrad Majszyk.
The central communication port should be a large transfer junction, located between Łódź and Warsaw. Its central element will be a huge airport to which railway lines from different regions of Poland will lead. The program provides for the construction of a total of nearly 2,000 km of new lines; a total of 12 railway lines
The construction is controversial. Protest against the projects, among other residents of the municipalities where new investments are to be made.
Now A/ed. He has
Photo Agnieszka Nowosad