- Manhattan’s oldest single-family home has gone on sale for 8 million 900 thousand. hole.
- It was created in 1795 for a descendant of Peter Stuyvesant, one of the town’s founders
- In 227 years of existence, the building has never been offered for sale before
- More such information can be found on the main page of Onet.pl
The oldest single-family house in Manhattan can be purchased for 8 million 900 thousand. hole. According to the description of the offer, the 227-year-old residence has never been offered for sale before.
According to 1969 protocol, the house was built in 1795 for Nicholas William Stuyvesant. He was the great-grandson of Peter Stuyvesant, the last Dutch administrator of the colony of New Amsterdam, which later became New York.
The house is located at 44 Stuyvesant Street i it is one of two surviving buildings belonging to the oldest Stuyvesant tribes.
See also: 20 most expensive cities in the world for visitors. Head Changes
Stuyvesant Street is located in the East Village of Manhattan. According to realtor.com, the average price of real estate there is 1,200,000 PLN. hole. Costing 8 million 900 thousand. hole. the house is currently the second most affordable property in this area.
– The person who takes this opportunity will be lucky. I don’t think this house has been listed for sale before, real estate agent Monica Rittersporn of the Corcoran Group told Insider.
As we can learn from “Mansion Global”, the house changed hands in 2014, but everything happened in the family circle.
This Federal-style mansion is a five-storey building with an area of 510 m².
Houses in this style were often built of brick and were characterized by their simplicity.
“Behind the simple, Federal style of the finish are rooms of impressive proportions, excellent lighting and stunning views, such as a private garden with fruit trees,” Rittersporn said.
The house has large windows and natural wood floors. The layout of the rooms has hardly changed since its construction. The exception is the dining room, which used to be a kitchen.
“The kitchen was by the fire, where the dining room is now,” Rittersporn said.
The kitchen is furnished with gray wooden cabinets and large glass doors leading outside.
There are five bedrooms in the house. Each of them has a separate fireplace.
According to the description of the offer, there are a total of eight fireplaces in the house.
There are four large bathrooms in the house. Inside, you can see vintage furnishings, like a clawfoot tub and a sink with a console table.
An art studio is located on the top floor. It has a skylight and the ceiling is over 3m high.
– I have been selling houses for over 30 years. It’s my favorite building and neighborhood,” Rittersporn said.
See also: Save the transaction. An apartment in Warsaw sold for 23 million
A short walk is enough to see New York sites such as St. Marquer. The land on which the church stands once belonged to Peter Stuyvesant.
Author: Amanda Goh
Translated by Mateusz Albin